Location: Northern Ireland, Irish Sea - Type: Onshore - Started: 01-03-2016
Client: MHI Vestas Offshore Wind, Van Oord and others
New Power Partners was hired by MHI Vestas Offshore Wind to set up their site camp at the pre-assembly and load-out port area in Belfast- The scope of work included: (Read more)
- Accommodation for 50-70 technicians on a flexible basis in high-end facilities with full service
- On-site catering
- Preparation of all ground works including roads, installations and safe walk-ways
- Delivery, construction and management of offices, exhibition center, mess and welfare facilities
- Full project management of all services
- Management and maintenance of site facilities
- Management of accommodation
- Installation of improvements and extensions of the site setup throughout the project
The client wanted a turn-key management of the services provided enabling them to focus on their own core competences during WTG preparation, preassembly and load-out.
New Power Partners engineered a practical and commercial solution whereby we serve as single point contact for all supplementing services required to make the camp run smoothly and flexibly to suit the project dynamics. This provides power to the project as New Power Partners' focus is specifically on the supplementing tasks and the quality of these. With our specific responsibility these requirements do not just become secondary to the direct client responsibilities but are executed with high value and focus on welfare in terms of accommodation, food service and infrastructure.
Our attention to health and safety on the camp is a key contributor to the professional and efficient way the site is run and New Power Partners provides full risk assessments and method statements for the services provided.
Nick Ingham joined NPP starting from 1 July and will be a strong expert within the fields of offshore construction and marine management. We very much look forward to the joined journey ahead of us.
With a handshake of cooperation, NIRAS and New Power Partners (NPP) will gather competences in offshore wind development and construction to provide larger offshore package solutions.